Monday, November 08, 2010

Thinking about blogging...

Lately I've been thinking about starting to make video blogs and posting on youtube. I don't really know why I want to make them, but for some reason I feel like I want to post random thoughts that I have.

Anyway, I'm a mentor for a small group of freshmen at my university. I feel that I make myself as available as possible to them. I told them they can call or text until midnight on any given night, I have specific times that I am in the library to meet with them if needed (~5 hours a week as well as appointments), and they're all my friends on FB, have my email, and my entire semester schedule including class and work times.

I often hear complaints about how hard Biology is, which I completely understand. The first semester of general Biology is basically all memorization, but my point is--I am a Biology major and I've told them that I'm available always (except during my classes). I'm just disappointed that people are still failing.

I guess what I want is a miracle to happen so that the freshmen I mentor somehow want to help me help them.
I don't really understand what goes through other people's mind, but I just want to understand why no one comes for help.

Back to the whole blogging thing... I like the idea of blogging... but I can't really help but wonder "Who would even want to read my blog?"

No comments:

Post a Comment